13 September 2011

putting it out there to the yoUNIVERSE

I've often heard of putting it out there to the universe when you want/ need something so I thought I'd try it here.

As I have mentioned here before, I have committed to teaching a journalism/yearbook class at my daughter's school this school year. What I didn't mention is that there is NO BUDGET for this class and I am not getting paid. Therefore I have no funds to pay for gas or supplies for my class of 7th graders. This is a small, private but wonderful school and I am happy to donate my time but let's face it, money is tight.

One of the things on our wish list is cameras for the class. Part of my curriculum is that I am going to teach the kids how to take pictures. Its going to be pretty simple and straight forward but I want them to take as many pictures as possible for their yearbook this year.

SO, I guess my BOTTOM LINE is this. Do you have an older, outdated (digital) camera that you do not use?? Is there some camera sitting in a drawer at your home/ business that is not being used? We'd LOVE to have some cameras for the kids to use to shoot pictures for their interviews and yearbook. In return, our HUGE THANKS and a tax letter as we are non-profit!

So, just putting it out there! Thanks yoUNIVERSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment