The drawers and doors worked so I knew I could spiff it up to fit our home.
I have been incredibly inspired by Marion at Miss Mustard Seed and Barb at Knack Studio. In fact it is because of this inspiration that I decided to strip and leave the top of my dresser wood as opposed to painting it out.
Overall, I sanded the pieces and patched a couple of holes. In addition I stripped the top which was a nightmare until I found some magic paint stripper at ACE Hardware. I painted the piece with two shades of Chalk Paint (Old White and Provence). I then distressed the piece with sandpaper to add some aged areas. I finished the body with a combination of clear and dark wax and the top was stained Red Mahogany and sealed with 2 coats of Wipe On Poly. The final touch was adding some vintage glass drawer pulls (as seen above) and knobs. So without further ado, here is the finished piece!