31 March 2011

card of the day

As I mentioned previously, I have been participating in Natalea's Postcard swap. Its been so fun to receive pretty postcards in the mail from artsy friends new and old. I finally got mine off today (the deadline!) so I thought it'd be fun to share the cards here on my blog. I will post cards I have both sent and received. 


Part of the swap was that we were supposed to include an inspirational quote so it was fun sharing some of my favorite quotes. 


One I used a few times is a new favorite: 

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that. But the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." 
Mark Twain

It was shared on Facebook by my friend Holly so I jotted it down and then onto some of my cards.


Here is one I sent out today:



For this card, I used painted vintage ledger paper, layered with some tattered cotton, lace and a photograph I took in San Francisco at the zinnia garden. I will share more tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment