24 March 2011

the sweetest gifts

I have this friend Martha. We met at ArtFest a few years ago and we thought each other was pretty cool. It was one of those instances where we didn't really realize how much we clicked at the time but once we got home from all the excitement and things started sinking in, we both had this "Ah ha!" moment that we had met a kindred soul.

The things that sucks is that I live in California and Martha lives in Toronto. I really wish she lived next door. The thing that is so cool is that even though it is a rare thing to see each other (though it does happen from time to time) she is one of those people who I feel like I have known forever and it also works out that when we do see each other, we just pick up wherever we left off. I love that we have that relationship, the bond of true friendship that is always comfortably there when it is needed.

Recently, Martha participated in the Card Swap I hosted, (and am SADLY LATE in returning.. I'm sorry!) and as always she sent me some sweet little things and a note saying that another package was following. She had promised to make me one of her kewl quilted iPad covers. It came on a day when I really needed a pick me up, along with a cute little "I Love You" banner. Pictured above is my very sweet iPad cover and I am so smitten. Its green, which is my favorite color and its so cool and fun and funky and delicious. It makes me so happy and reminds me everyday of Martha's sweetest gift.. her friendship. Thank You Martha :)

4 comments:

  1. wow, what a sweet post, heather... and thank you for sharing your gratitude for your dear friend... i have a warm fuzzy feeling now... i think i'll go to sleep!
    XoXo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post. Awesome ipad cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woowww...gorgeous stuff! So many of my beautiful friends are in other states too. It's so hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaahhh, you are so sweet. I just read this and you made me all teary. I love you!xox

    ReplyDelete