20 September 2007

The one about Art*Play

Art*Play

Hey folks, I am here. I have been lying low. Lots going on, lots of work, too much worrying.. I can't really go into it right now but I will when I have more details. I am just... my mind is in orbit around my head as opposed to being IN my head.

Here is a collage of some random images from our Art*Play weekend with Kelly Kilmer. It was really fun to get messy with paint and a lot of what we made is really just sheets of paper with lots of paint on it. We did make a couple of journals and you can see one up there. (green with a stamped kind of paisley image) I did make a wee journal as well but that is fodder for another post. We learned a lot and made new friends. It was cool to *know* that there are other mixed media artists in our area and we hope to be able to get together and play once in awhile. Our first workshop taught us so much but we did learn that we DO want to work out the kinks and try again. We will probably work toward a date in the spring if not sooner. Maybe we will need a winter pick me up. I need to get our follow up surveys out and see what feedback our students had to offer.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a total blast!!!!

    I hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you feel A-OK in no time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Art*Play was a success...and a lot of fun. Try not to worry too much (I know, that's easier said than done)and take time to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great time, Heather!!! And thanks for posting photos!!!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!
    Nothing better than friends & paint..
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so thrilled that you picked THAT photo of me. the one where i was all "heh heh you wouldn't dare..." the look of sheer exhaustion! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, that looks like sooo much fun!! i'm sure you girls had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe man, I wish I could have been there! Looks like tons-o-fun!

    ReplyDelete