25 December 2005

In which we survive another holiday season...

My what a hectic couple of days but I am happy to report I lived to tell about it. Last night we had about 16 people over to our wee house. It was fun, buy mayhem. I got gifts but I have NO idea who they were fom! LOL It was a typical CA Christmas Eve here, over 70 degrees during the day. (I think I got your X-mas wish Kitten!) We spent a good part of the evening sitting on the porch. the kids playing on the front lawn in skirts and flip flops... no one drank mulled anything and I have a TON of coffee left. We have piles of discarded wrapping paper, bows, empty cups and bottles piled everythere. No room in our city garbage can.. I think we need to make a dump run tomorrow. Hannah had so much fun having her cousin here all weekend. They slept little which means WE slept little...
We got up this morning and futzed around. Opened stockings and more gifts. Greg made waffles! Went to Nana & Pop-Pops house for games, naps, even MORE presents and a yummy healthy dinner. Its nice to be home in a quiet (although messy) house tonight. Everyone is gone and its just the 3 of us with the sounds of torrential rains and high winds outside. Seems a little more like Christmas that way. We're supposed to have rain for 3-4 more days which makes me happy.
ringGift highlights: my RING!! Greg got me this vintage art deco ring. It has diamonds and sapphires which are Hannah's birthstone. I love it!!
Family memberships to Bonfante Gardens and Happy Hollow for 2006. A family "safari" at Vision Quest Ranch!
Lots of gift certificates.. Old Navy, Ikea, Michaels, Victoria's Secret.. yay!
More to come...
sleep well...

No comments:

Post a Comment