19 October 2011

one day early or 6 days late...

...depending on how you look at it. I wanted to share my last thrifty find with you all because I LOVE it so much. I could have saved it for tomorrow but I am sitting here just trying to "be" for a few minutes after a stressful morning with my sick kidlet.

I found this amazing crewel work piece at one of our local thrift stores. I love to support this one particularly because it benefits the local food bank but I don't always find the best stuff there.

Last week I dug through the "crafty" bins though and found a few pieces of stitchery in various stages of completion. My friend snagged one piece and this is the one I scored. It was $1.25. I love the colors and the neat flowers and the foreign language above it, about which I haven't a clue. Can anyone read it or even recognize what language it is? Anyway, I think it will be a fin piece to sew into a pillow for our living room. Overall the room is pretty neutral but I am trying to add pops of color here and there...

What's your latest find?

1 comment:

  1. very cool! i would bet that it's the actual plant names?? isn't that usually latin? i dunno. lol :)

    ReplyDelete