06 September 2011

Apprentice

I just love this cover. I wish I could paint loosely and randomly like this. Maybe I can try Sarah Ahearn's tutorial and see what I can come up with.

The new issue of Somerset Apprentice is on the racks at my local B&N (and hopefully my mailbox soon) where I took the kids yesterday during our pre-school shopping adventure. I flipped though it to find that I am featured in their "From the Pros" section. Its an honor to be featured alongside other "Pros" like artists such as Pam Garrison and Julie Bergmann.

In addition there is a tutorial by one of my sweet friends Tracie Lyn Huskamp. She has us painting from nature, something I miss from her teachings at ArtFest. I might have to pull out the paints and the patience and try my hand :).

Once again Stampington has turned out a visual stunner chock full of inspiration, so pick up an issue at your favorite book seller. 

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I saw your article in Apprentice magazine. Very impressive. Congrats for being with the Pro's!
    xo
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your article in Apprentice mag. i loved the wording...Someone really needs that song thats in your heart right now...please don't let it go unsung. is that a quote from you or someone else? would love to use it in one of my bird paintings. your work is really nice.

    ReplyDelete