28 October 2010

random ramblings...

So here's the thing. I feel like blogging but don't really have anything new to share in the way of photos. I go through phases where taking a picture and uploading the picture and then editing the picture all seems like such a nuisance. ( I totally blanked and had to look up how to spell that right now.. lol)

Anyway, I guess there isn't really anything wrong with a blog post with no picture but it always seems a bit incomplete. So, I guess I will just post some random shots that really have nothing to do with anything I am writing.

First off, I want to say Happy Birthday to my soul sister Martha! I love you Martha dear and I miss you so much. It just plain stinks that we live so far away from each other and I think we need to try to REALLY plan to hook up at some point in 2011. Ok? deal...

(our new rescue kitteh.. Sophie)


Next, I have been falling on the job with my journaling. I am not sure why and I feel I must get back in between the pages.. I'll let you know how that goes. Part of me is hurting because 2 people that I care very much about are going through very rough patches in life. One seems to be heading into the light but the other one is rally reaching into that black pit with reckless and dangerous behavior and just general crappity crap going on around her. I wish I could do more than lend an ear and check in on her from time to time. I worry, and I carry burdens that are not mine and I need to remember that I cannot do that. I can be there in spirit but I can't handle the actual load. Anyway I am sending out some good thoughts for these friends today and really everyday lately.

And on another subject entirely.. I am obsessed.. obsessed with this blog that Adair told me about. I am not sure whether to thank her or curse her but anyway, I am obsessed with Knack Studio. I stalk her blog and when I see a new post I am giddy, I have been reading the archives and following her segments on design*sponge, I have been wishing I lived in So. Carolina (told ya I was obsessed). Check out the super inspiring furniture updates and her funky cool decorating style. I am getting some real inspiration for my living room! I even bought a cool old dresser to revamp a la "knack" but that is fodder for a future post.

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks Heather! Yes -- lets plan to hook up FOR SURE. (I can fly out to visit you, no problem. Nothing like inviting myself, lol). Love that pic of your rescue kitten :)

    ReplyDelete