23 June 2008
time for a pick me up...
Its been so dreary around here.. concern for my friends and the smoke and the heat. It has finally cooled down and the fires are slowly being contained and extinguished. I am in need of a pick me up and a SWAP seems like a good way to do that.
Earlier this year I made a pact with myself to MAKE cards for various special occasions rather than buying them. (they are SO EXPEN$IVE) On this front I have failed miserably making ZERO cards yet this year. I made a bunch last year and even participated in a spring card swap hosted by Heather of Speckled Egg. I know there are others who have lamented about not having the time or inclination to make their own cards so I thought some of you all might be interested in swapping.
Here are the details...
• 1 for 1 card swap up to 12 total pieces.
• Greeting cards WITH envelopes that are mailable.
• OPEN theme.. you may send blank "everyday" cards, or themed cards i.e. birthday, Thank You, anniversary, holiday, etc.
• Cards DUE to me by Friday, August 8 (that's 6 weeks).
• PLEASE include a self addressed address label and $3.00 in cash or stamps to cover return postage.
• EMAIL ME to sign up at which time I will send you my address.
Check out this inspiration I have found around the web:
Fab cowboy & cowgirl cards by Lilia of Flea Market Studio
One Ripe Peach:
How cute are these Mona Lisa cards from AP Vintage?
Or this clever Thank You card from Freckled Pink?
There is so much inspiration out there if we stop and look around. I can't wait to create some cards now and I hope you will join me!
* Int'l players are welcome provided you get your cards to me on time. We can work out Int'l postage, please EMAIL ME to sign up as I am unable to get everyone's email or reply though blog comments. Thanks!