30 September 2008

need some prayers

I JUST got an email from my SIL via her Blackberry. Her husband was complaining of some strange symptoms and she took him to the ER to discover he was having a heart attack. He is currently in surgery to attempt a stent. Please send your thoughts and prayers toward CA and to my husbands family during this scary time.
Hugs

Update: He was taken to surgery immediately, the catherization went well and the artery that was 90% blocked has been cleared. He will be in the hospital for a few days but the doctor expects him to do well. My SIL seems to be holding up well. Lesson: Pay attention to neck and jaw pain, he presented in a non classic way. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. This is not old news to me, my Dad has had SEVERAL procedures including a 4 bypass but you just never know whats going to happen.

8 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you! Hope he'll be fine! It's a good thing they have made the surgery in time. Please, keep us posted in the blog how he is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your hubby's family Heather. My dad has a stent and all went well with his surgery so I hope it will be the same for you guys xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got mine. My Dad went through that a few weeks ago. Just think positive thoughts...it doesn't do anyone good to dwell on the what-ifs. Hopefully, he isn't like my Dad...he was a total smartass about the whole thing...that goofball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sendingout my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is this ted?

    hugs to you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear your BIL is faring well. What a scare. It's amazing and comforting to know that such life-threatening procedures are routine in hospitals throuhout the country. Thank God for advancement in care! - Amy Bauer

    ReplyDelete