19 February 2007

old and new



This cabinet now sits on our mantle. It is an antique I kind of inherited from my grandma through my Dad. I am not really sure it fits whatever "style" we have going on in our house. I guess its sort of "eclectic toddler chic", though I have cropped out the toys in this shot. We recently reclaimed this treasure from the depths of storage ( aka our garage) probably just in the nick of time for if it had been out there much longer it probably would have been lost for good. Its been hard to get a good shot with all the glass which needs ANOTHER cleaning. It remains empty so far but I hope to eventually fill it with some special artwork from friends and maybe myself. It is currently adorned with the banner I received from Syd in our Heart to Heart swap through the Fiber ATC yahoo group. I was so thrilled to get her banner as I love the quirky and playful colors and fabrics.

LOL... I just opened my computer to find that I had forgotten to push the PUBLISH button last night after blogging. Guess I was kind of tired from my hours on Photoshop! Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Syd's Banner looks GREAT on the front of your beautiful cabinet.

    Looking forward to seeing your smiling face at AF soon!!!

    XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece! Good to see you resurfacing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. What a great piece.....Although I can totally relate to toddler chic. Our design incorporats the "playfulness" of Legos...juxtaposed with the "streamline" look of Thomas the train. btw....your package will head out the door tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool piece of furniture!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog through technorati when I saw that you are talking about art and depression, two subjects to which I can fortunately or unfortunately relate.

    It's good to know that you're feeling better. It's a nice coincidence to come across you and your cards, which are - btw - energetic, creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great cabinet, I love how you described your style as toddler chic! I can so relate about things being in the depth of the garage...once we get through ours I am sure I will be saying a lot of "OMG, I forgot we had that". lol!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather....your cabinet is BEAUTIFUL! Is that hand painting all over the wood? WOW, what a treasure:) Glad you rescued it in time.....that would have been a terrible loss! I am sure you will have it filled in NO TIME:)

    ReplyDelete