27 July 2006

like sewing muppets

Muppet Fur
Darn Blogger has been funky for a couple of days and I wasn't able to get into my blog until now. I didn't get much done in the way of art today unfortunately but got all my stuff shipped and caught up on all orders so that is a huge relief. I did do a fun project though.. a birthday gift for my neice who will be 3 on Saturday!
Made with Love

Yesterday my Mom, the wee B and I trekked up to Ikea (where I behaved myself very well) and I picked up a cute quilt for M's "big girl" bed which is coming soon. Her room is green and orange striped walls but she LOVES LOVES LOVES PINK!! We were excited to have found the perfect little quilt in shades of pink with accents in green and orange. I wanted to make a fun accessory to go with it... something that she might be a little more excited to open, so I gritted my teeth and headed to Wally World where I found some fabulous fun fur in hot pink with orange accents. I made a pillow for my "M" and of course, since whatever "M" is getting the wee B has to have too, I made one for her big girl bed as well. Upon showing the wee one the fabric I has chosen, she exclaimed, "Oooooh, that's beeeautiful!" so I knew I had picked a winner.
muppet pillows

They worked up quickly and I was surprised at how easy the fur was to sew. I am tempted to try to make soem sort of groovy stuffed monster in the future as they had some cool blue/ lime green fur too.

At Ikea I scored this really cool fabric on sale. Its pretty narrow but the sides are already hemmed. I think its meant for hanging panels/ room dividers but its got a nice weight so I thought it might be fun to make into a bag or two.
Ikea fabric

I am wondering if if can count as my contribution to Thrift Thursday since I got it on sale??

No comments:

Post a Comment