23 March 2006

In which I REALLY ramble...

I have not really been in the mood to blog or do much of anything. I am trying each day to be up and happy and not depressed or worried but that has been a big project. About right now my Dad is going into surgery. He is having another (riskier) procedure on his heart. I decided not to go to the hospital so I wouldn't just sit there worrying. I have the best intentions to actually DO some stuff to keep me distracted until my brother calls me with a progress report when he gets there.

So in other news. I have become infatuated with an artist I am taking a class from at ArtFiberFest in June. Her name is Pam Garrison and I love her blog and her art. I have had a few brief email exchanges with her regarding things ArtFiberFest related and she seems very nice. She laments the lack of time and organization on her blog which is JUST the way I feel most of the time. I am taking her Flights of Fancy class at AFF.. this is so cool and she just posted a picture of a finished one on her blog:


I hope mine turns out half as well as hers when I take her class. I can see that I need to start assembling a box of various papers and embellishments and gitter and ribbon to take. HOW am I going to get all my supplies up there? Anyway, I can see that reading her blog and drooling over her eye candy is going to be dangerous for me.. she has many links to other wonderful artists that I had not yet discovered.. at this rate I will never get off the computer.

4 comments:

  1. Heather,

    I had a little prayer this morning for you, your dad and his surgeon - I hope it does the trick! I'm thinking of you today alot.

    I love the banner you inserted in this blog post - I'll have to surf over and check out your instructor's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all went well with your Dad Heather. ((big hugs))
    You are going to have so much fun at AFF!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading Pam's blog and loved the banner too! You are so very fortunate to be able to take a class from her. Love reading your blog too! I discovered it from another blog (sorry I can't remember which). I enjoy collage and mixed media paper and fiber arts. Hope you don't mind me popping over!(Glad to know your Dad is doing ok).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for your comment on my flickr pics (morningk) from Pam's fiber journal class. Yes, she's a WONDERFUL teacher, you'll love the class. Her work is so consistently beautiful, and she's very generous with her comments, ideas, supplies, etc. I'll see you at Fiberfest (I'm in some other classes, but hope to swing by). It will be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete