19 October 2005

in which we have a little talk about depression...

Today I logged into Tracy Roos' BLOG which used to be one of my fav reads until she stopped posting regularly. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had finally updated her blog after months with now post. What really got me though, was her courage in publicly sharing her battle with chronic, genetic depression and not apologizing for it.

I find that I have been apologizing quite alot in the last few months. I am recognizing that I need to work through my depression (of which I have suffered for several years) and I have begun the steps to do so. I have been on medication for years on and off and especially since having my daughter 2 years ago. Its amazing how such a joyous event can wreck such havoc on your life and emotional stability. A number of things have happened in my life to start that slippery slope back into what I refer to as "the hole" and even though I am on a medication that I respond to fairly well ( and I can sleep!) I am stull finding that I am having a more difficult time coping with day to day events as well as my art commitments. I will try to keep up with the commitments I have made and to keep involved enough to make HannahGrey a success but I amseeing now more than ever that it is important for me to make some time for MYSELF. My art is therapeutic and this week it took a big leap in that I was able tro successfully "art journal" some pages with REAL meaning to me. It feels good to start putting some of my soul down onto paper and I hope I can do alot more as I work through the depression that plagues me.

For those of you who are members of my art group, Chubbyville, I know you are all such wonderful people who I am happy tro count as friends. I feel confident that you will support me along the road I must travel even though you may be disappointed in the speed in which I travel or the projects that wait a little too long. I thank you in advance for your patience and support.

validation

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, click the link and come visit us. Its a MM art group. It says we focus on Fat books but we are kind of outgrowing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I love you to pieces, and I know everyone else at Chubbyville does too. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, and seeing that you get you taken care of. That's what's most important! All of the other things can happen in their time...and will be so very much worth whatever wait there is!

    ReplyDelete